The Recycling Education and Research Foundation (RERF), the 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization associated with ISRI, has announced that it is accepting applications for its annual RERF Veterans Stipend scholarship by Sept. 15, 2023. The $2,500 stipend provides financial support to veterans enrolled in a professional development program. The funds can be used to cover expenses unrelated to tuition that are often not permitted through traditional government or financial assistance programs.
“Supporting the veteran community is very important to RERF’s Board of Directors,” said Kevin Lamar, RERF chairman. “This program was developed to fill the financial aid gap not covered by traditional programs. The stipend can be used towards rent, childcare, health insurance or however the recipient chooses.”
Recognizing the need to assist the large number of veterans who need financial aid as they pursue professional development, The Veterans Stipend scholarship is eligible for renewal by recipients for up to four years or a maximum award potential of $10,000.
Recycling Education & Research Foundation 2023 Veterans Stipend Eligibility Requirements and Application Instructions
- Applications must be submitted to RERF no later than Sept. 15, 2023.
- Applicants will be notified in early November.
- The stipend of $2,500 shall be paid directly to the individual.
- The stipend is renewable for up to four years upon request and renewal application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit the following items to RERF by the application deadline. All mail submissions must be postmarked by Sept. 15, 2023.
- Completed Veteran Stipend Application and Release Agreement Form, signed and dated.
- A copy of Form DD-214 Discharge and Separation Document (please black out your SSN).
- Answers to the following essay questions. Please limit each response to 500 words or less.
- Describe your role and responsibilities in the military. How did your military service impact your life?
- Describe the program you are following and how it will directly assist in reaching your personal and professional pursuits.
- The recycling industry funds this stipend. In what ways does the recycling industry impact your local community, state, or on a larger scale? (Include any of the following factors: social, environmental, economic, industrial, and financial).
- Two letters of recommendation describing the personal or professional relationship to the candidate without reference to financial need, signed and dated within the last 12 months.
- A professional resume.
- Documentation of enrollment in a formal training or licensing program. Acceptable forms of documentation include but aren’t limited to enrollment confirmation or receipt of tuition payment.
- Email: Please send all application materials to RERF Executive Director Emma Corning at email@example.com by the submission deadline.
- Hardcopy applications can be sent to the following address. Recycling Education & Research Foundation
Attention: Emma Corning, PO Box 259274, Madison, WI 53725
About RERF: For more than two decades, RERF has fulfilled its mission in two primary areas; the offering of scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students, as well as military veterans, and the funding of research beneficial to the recycled materials industry. Through generous donations, RERF has awarded more than $1.6 million in scholarships to 1,200 students across the country and has overseen much needed research into the science and technology involved with recycling.
The Recycling Education and Research Foundation (RERF), the 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization associated with ISRI,...