ISRI, Voice of the Recycled Materials Industry, is celebrating America Recycles Day (ARD) on Nov. 15, 2023 with the theme “Recycling is Innovative,” which focuses on the industry’s continuous innovation and implementation of new technologies, allowing us to recycle more material, more efficiently. America Recycles Day is dedicated annually to promoting and celebrating how the recycled materials industry contributes to a more sustainable future for the industry and the world.
This ARD, members are encouraged to join ISRI in telling the world how Recycling is Innovative! We would also like to hear about what ISRI members are doing to celebrate on the 15th.
The recycled materials industry innovates and leverages technologies that allow us to recycle items that were once considered hard to recycle, thus preserving scarce natural resources. From utilizing artificial intelligence (AI) for quality control, robotics to move and sort materials, or laser filtration systems to clean packaging — the recycled materials industry is part of the solution to a more sustainable and resilient future for our planet.
ISRI also has been partnering with brands and manufacturers across sectors to assure that their products are designed to be recycled more easily, ensuring that renewable resources are available for current and future needs. The recycled materials industry is a leader in innovation, and we want everyone to hear our story!
A member toolkit has been prepared for ISRI members and allies to encourage participation in ARD. This could include community engagement, social media outreach or other means.
To learn more about America Recycles Day and share what you and your organization are doing to celebrate, please reach out to:
Director of Communications
Sample Social Posts and Additional Resources
Social media will play a major role in amplifying the America Recycles Day campaign. For any social media content you share or post, please use the hashtags #AmericaRecyclesDay and #RecyclingIsInnovative. Please share content and tag ISRI social media channels to help increase the visibility of our collective efforts:
ISRI Social Channels
Social Media Copy
Below you will find draft social content you can share or post on America Recycles Day.
- Today is #AmericaRecyclesDay! From reducing greenhouse gases to keeping the global supply chain flowing, #RecycledMaterials keep our planet thriving. Every can, bottle, and paper item you recycle makes a difference today and every day! #RecyclingIsInnovative
- Did you know that AI-Powered systems are helping to improve recovery of film and flexible packaging in materials recovery facilities (MRFs)? With the latest technology, our industry is able to create more efficient and profitable recycling operations like these. More here: https://www.isri.org/scrap-articles/member-develops-ai-powered-system-for-recovery-of-film-and-flexible-packaging #AmericaRecyclesDay #RecyclingIsInnovative
- With the adoption of new AI technologies, recycling facilities can process and collect difficult-to-recycle mixed plastics, paper, and metals — strengthening markets for recyclable materials and enhancing sustainability. More here: https://www.isri.org/scrap-articles/ai-extends-reach-into-recycling-infrastructure-with-automated-secondary-sortation-facilities #AmericaRecyclesDay #RecyclingIsInnovative
- The #RecycledMaterials industry is innovating through efficiency. Many facilities are utilizing automation for initial sorting, optical sorters and powerful magnets downstream and AI for quality control. More here: https://www.isrinews.org/isri-members-partner-in-mrf-project-to-increase-citys-recycling-capacity/ #AmericaRecyclesDay #RecyclingIsInnovative
- Did you know: Some recycled materials companies are using laser filtration systems to clean contamination from plastics. More here: https://www.isrinews.org/innovation-space-allows-company-to-recycle-more-materials-more-efficiently/ #AmericaRecyclesDay #RecyclingIsInnovative
- The use of AI and robotics in recycling produces greater volumes of high-quality recycled content that can be made into new packaging, reducing the need to mine, drill, and pursue other harmful environmental practices used to harvest raw materials. #AmericaRecyclesDay #RecyclingIsInnovative
- The products we use daily come from materials that have traveled the world. From paper to plastic and aluminum to copper, recycling ensures that these materials continue their journey. #RecyclingIsInnovative and a critical part of supply chains, our planet, and our future, so make sure to do your part on #AmericaRecyclesDay!
Sample LinkedIn Post:
Every year on Nov. 15, members of the recycled materials industry pause to celebrate #AmericaRecyclesDay. While it offers an annual opportunity to recognize the hard work of our industry, it more importantly gives us the chance to engage with people outside of our sector to help them understand that #RecyclingIsInnovative.
The recycled materials industry is continually implementing new and exciting ways to recycle items that were once considered hard to recycle, thus allowing us to preserve scarce natural resources. From utilizing artificial intelligence for quality control, robotics to move and sort materials, or laser filtration systems to clean packaging — the recycled materials industry is part of the solution to a more sustainable and resilient future for our planet.
Because of these constant innovations, facilities are processing higher quantities of high-quality recyclables that can remain in the value chain. In turn, consumer brand companies can incorporate more recycled materials into their products and design their products to be recycled more easily, helping ensure renewable resources are available for current and future needs.
On this #AmericaRecyclesDay, let us recognize the integral role recycling plays in our lives and the many advancements that have been made to improve not just our industry, but our world. All in all, #RecyclingIsInnovative and working so that critical materials never go to waste. Learn more about our industry here: https://www.isri.org/.
ISRI, Voice of the Recycled Materials Industry™, is celebrating America Recycles Day (ARD) on Nov....