The Bloomberg Commodity Index was up more than 0.4% this morning as energy and precious metal prices advanced, while industrial metal prices were mixed.
- In New York, NYMEX crude oil futures rose above $40/bbl (+1.2%) this morning while COMEX copper futures advanced 1.5% to $2.65/lb. Gold futures were also up around 1% to $1,770/to as of this writing.
- In London, base metal prices were mixed this morning, with LME 3-mo. copper and aluminum trading as high as $5,902/mt and $1,604.50/mt, respectively, while lead and nickel prices edged lower.
- Bloomberg reports that “commodity investors face challenging territory in the final full week of June. While anti-virus curbs are being eased in many nations, there’s concern about a resurgence in cases in some locales.”
- On Wall Street, the Dow Industrials and S&P 500 were little changed in early morning trading on Monday following losses at most of the major European bourses.
- In foreign exchange trading, the dollar was weaker against most major trading partners with the euro buying $1.126 while the greenback dropped to 106.83 Japanese yen.
You are not allowed to post comments.