The ISRI Circle of Safety Excellence ™ (COSE) is an ISRI member-only benefit offered to help improve worker, vehicle, and facility safety within the recycling industry. COSE members consist of like-minded companies which voluntarily come forward to share best practices and safety data for the betterment of their own safety operation, and at the same time be recognized by ISRI for their commitment to safety.
Benefits of COSE Membership Include:
- Improving employee safety;
- Availability to network and share safety best practices e.g., near misses;
- Participation in setting safety benchmarks;
- Reducing workman’s compensation claims;
- Reducing your experience modification rate;
- Opportunity to participate in the annual ISRI Circle of Safety Excellence ™ Occupational Awards Program;
- One free registration to the ISRI Safety and Environmental Council (ISEC) Conference; and
- One Free visit from ISRI Safety consisting of a Safety Blueprint or Transportation Outreach i.e., DOT assessment, defensive driving, vehicle inspection training, etc.
The Circle of Safety Excellence™ application period for 2019 membership began on January 1 and ends on March 15. The application period is for NEW and RETURNING applicants. For returning members, you will need to reapply by entering your company safety data for the year 2018. All new applicants and returning members must submit their company's information no later than March 15, 2019 in order to be included in the initial benchmarking reports and to receive member benefits (ISRI member login required). For assistance contact ISRI’s EHS Manager, Elnaz Torabian or ISRI’s Transportation Safety Director, Commodor Hall.