Recycling is Essential
2021 Alabama SJR 2 (Feb 23, 2021) Commends the Scrap Recyclers Association of Alabama, Alabama Recycling Coalition, and the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, and their employees as essential workers who are necessary for the production and manufacturing of goods and products in Alabama and throughout the world, and vital to ensuring the economic viability of the supply chain for Alabama's manufacturers.
Scrap Yard / Junk Yard Zoning
State Recycling Council
- Alabama Code Title 41, Article 7B: Recycling Industry and Market Development Council; § 41-9-190 to § 41-9-196
State Superfund (no SREA equivalent)
Tire / Rubber
Vehicle Detitling / Dismantling
- Alabama Code Title 11, Subtitle 2: Provisions Applicable to Municipal Corporations Only
- Chapter 67A: Abatement of Inoperable Motor Vehicles in Class 1 Municipalities; § 11-67A-1 to § 11-67A-7
- Chapter 67B: Abatement of Inoperable Motor Vehicles in Class 5 Municipalities with a Mayor/Commission/City Manager Government; § 11-67B-1 to § 11-67B-7
- Alabama Code Title 32. Motor Vehicles and Traffic
- Ch. 8, Art. 4. Antitheft Laws; § 32-8-80 to § 32-8-88
- § 32-8-84: Reports to department of stolen, converted, recovered and unclaimed vehicles; suspension of registration of stolen or converted vehicles. (as amended by 2019 Alabama HB 394, effective 01/01/20)
- § 32-8-86: Removed, falsified or unauthorized identification number, registration or license plate; seizure of vehicle, part, etc., when number altered, etc.; disposition of forfeited property.
- § 32-8-87: Dismantling, destroying, changing identity of vehicle.
- Ch. 13. Abandoned Motor Vehicles; § 32-13-1 to § 32-13-11 (as amended by 2019 Alabama HB 394, effective 01/01/20)
- Alabama Code Title 40, Ch. 12. Licenses
- Art. 5, Div. 1, § 40-12-260: Transfer of license plates; registration procedures; receipts; penalty
- Article 9 Automotive Dismantlers and Parts Recyclers; § 40-12-410 to § 40-12-425