The Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, Inc. (ISRI) is the "Voice of the Recycling Industry™." ISRI represents 1,300 companies in 19 chapters in the U.S. and more than 40 countries that process, broker, and consume scrap commodities, including metals, paper, plastics, glass, rubber, electronics, and textiles. With headquarters in Washington, DC, the Institute provides education, advocacy, safety and compliance training, and promotes public awareness of the vital role recycling plays in the U.S. economy, global trade, the environment and sustainable development. Generating nearly $116 billion annually in U.S. economic activity, the scrap recycling industry provides more than 506,000 Americans with good jobs.
Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, Inc. (ISRI) is seeking to fill the positions listed below. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of the organization will be considered applicants and will receive responses from ISRI.
Current Job Openings
The Web Manager works with other members of the Communications Department, as well as with both internal and external stakeholders, to maximize web use by keeping content and design fresh while carrying out the association’s mission and outreach objectives. The position is responsible of updating and maintaining all ISRI’s web properties, and supports the planning, development, and implementation of all web strategies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor, and upgrade the organization's website.
- Manage the user experience process, including research, interviews, and design.
- Support and contribute to the planning and development of Wordpress microsites and other web properties, including meetings, community sites, and partner programs.
- Facilitate strong collaboration among the communications, marketing, IT, membership departments, and other stakeholders involved in accessing ISRI web properties.
- Work with subject matter experts, writers, and graphics teams to improve presentation of content while guiding users toward completion of priority tasks.
- Support ISRI chapters and divisions to maintain and update relevant content across the web.
- Manage related website vendors and developers.
- Monitor and compile statistics on site visits and prepares reports and recommendations for management.
- Assist with graphics and copy when necessary.
- Respond to and troubleshoot all website issues.
- Conduct content audits to eliminate redundant and/or duplicate information.
- Keep up-to-date with web standards and best practices.
1. Expert knowledge of Macromedia suite, Adobe suite, Content Management Systems, and W3C Web standards.
3. Practical experience with marketing tools, including analytics/tag managers/campaign management tools/email marketing platforms.
4. Practical experience and a sound understanding of digital marketing, engagement analysis, analytics, web design, content strategy, and information architecture.
5. Great understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM).
6. Strong presentation skills, with the ability to communicate both design and technical details to non-technical audiences.
7. Ability to troubleshoot website issues in a fast-paced environment.
8. Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
9. Excellent content creation and writing skills.
10. Strong time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
11. Ability to work well in groups as well as independently
12. Excellent attention to detail
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, in web design, information technology, computer science, communications or other related fields required.
- 6+ years of progressive experience managing or developing medium-to-large content management system implementations
- Experience with Trade Associations a plus.
Executive Assistant to President
Reporting directly to the President of the association, this position provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship, facilitates the President’s vision, and provides liaison support with staff, members, the Board of Directors and Executive Committee and other internal and external stakeholders. Also supports administrative needs of General Counsel and Sr VP as time allows.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Executive & Administrative Support:
- Represents the President in carrying out ISRI’s mission and therefore she/he is the first line of communication with the outside world and as such must always exemplify professionalism and a positive image, be respectful, collaborative, and customer service oriented as well as punctual and timely in completing assigned tasks.
- Handles administrative functions for the President, including but not limited to keeping an active calendar, and handling correspondence, maintaining contact lists, complex air travel and hotel arrangements, visas, agendas, event registrations, etc; maintaining contact lists; and completing expense reports.
- Provides the President with background information, meeting summaries and/or supporting documents in preparation for scheduled appointments, meetings and speaking engagements.
- Tracks detailed priority list of projects and engagements.
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the Association’s Board of Directors and Executive Committee. Draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; and record meeting minutes
- Stays up to date with ISRI’s bylaws and policy manual provisions as well as other policies or guidance regarding Association matters.
- Assists Association Officers with calendars travel arrangements as needed
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board and executive committee members
- Prepares and distributes materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
- Assists in the coordination of Board meetings and dinners, receptions, new Board member orientations, and other such events
- Assists in coordinating the agendas of Executive Committee and Board member meetings and off-site events.
- Attends all Board meetings (travel required).
Senior Staff/All Staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or comparable field
- 5-8 years minimum experience in an executive assistant role supporting C-Level executives, preferably in a non-profit association