The Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, Inc. (ISRI) is the "Voice of the Recycling Industry™." ISRI represents 1,300 companies in 19 chapters in the U.S. and more than 40 countries that process, broker, and consume scrap commodities, including metals, paper, plastics, glass, rubber, electronics, and textiles. With headquarters in Washington, DC, the Institute provides education, advocacy, safety and compliance training, and promotes public awareness of the vital role recycling plays in the U.S. economy, global trade, the environment and sustainable development. Generating nearly $116 billion annually in U.S. economic activity, the scrap recycling industry provides more than 506,000 Americans with good jobs.
Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, Inc. (ISRI) is seeking to fill the positions listed below. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of the organization will be considered applicants and will receive responses from ISRI. Send letter of interest and resume to ISRI, Attn: Olga Zamora, VP of Human Resources, 1250 H Street, NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20005-5903. No phone calls, please.
Current Job Openings
Education & Events Registration Manager
This position is responsible for registration implementation and customer support for all in-person and online ISRI education and networking programs. This position also will be focused on ensuring the accuracy, integrity, functionality and user experience of ISRI registration and related web interfaces to ensure successful registration and customer data processing.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements registration on various platforms for all meetings, conferences, and events sponsored by or managed by ISRI. Oversees all operations in the registration process ensuring a positive experience for registrants while maintaining accurate records and including assisting in the initial testing of the online registration forms; monitoring and ensuring accuracy and integrity of all registration and financial data; managing confirmations, invoicing, receipts and necessary communication; processing payments, refunds, cancellations and substitutions and following up with outstanding payments; answering registration questions from registrants and clients via telephone and email and troubleshooting as necessary; cross-checking registration lists; creating customized registration and financial reports; and completing financial reconciliation for each event.
- Manage on-site registration for events. Tasks include setting up registration, coordinating check-in, serving as the solutions desk throughout event, and managing staff and volunteers to ensure a smooth check-in process for attendees, speakers and clients.
- Prepare event materials, including name badges, tent cards, meeting agendas, participant rosters, speaker biographies and additional meeting materials as needed.
- Updates event data records including but not limited to address changes, contact tracking, and merging duplicate records
- Produces accurate reports for, but not limited to, historical and current event registration data and analyzes results.
- Manages the administration functions for ISRI’s learning management system (LMS) including, but not limited to, managing permissions and user accounts, uploading and updating content, setting up and testing quizzes, composing system notifications, facilitating the user experience and ensuring all functionality works properly and seamlessly with ISRI’s supporting technical solutions (Zoom, netforum, etc.)
- Strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Exemplary customer service skills and attitude
- Self-driven yet collaborative.
- Highly accurate and detail oriented.
- Skilled at prioritization.
- Limited travel, including convention, required.
- High School Degree preferred, but emphasis will be placed on prior experience.
- 3 or more years of association member relations or customer service experience.
- 2 -3 years of experience with association management systems (AMS), learning management systems (LMS) and/or customer relationship management (CRM) systems is required.
- 2 - 3 years of experience in IT application programming or data and systems integration or learning management system administration.
- Successful record of implementing data management processes, identifying opportunities for greater efficiency and improvements.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized to work independently and as a team player, with excellent follow-up skills. Strong communication skills with highly focused attention to detail. Strong sense of professionalism with excellent communication skills. Strong customer service skills. Proactive attitude anticipates needs, problems, and opportunities. Must be computer literate (Microsoft Suite), as well as have the ability to learn and utilize in-house, industry-specific software applications. Ability to work with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced work environment.