Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, Inc. (ISRI) is seeking to fill the positions listed below. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of the organization will be considered applicants and will receive responses from ISRI.
Thank you for your interest in ISRI.
Current Job Openings
ISRI’s Meeting Planner is responsible for execution and logistics for the various meetings the trade association holds throughout the year. The responsibilities involved can vary by meeting but include speaker logistics, hotel room block management, meeting materials shipping logistics, management of temporary staff, preparation of banquet event orders, sponsorship deliverables and other tasks as required. The meeting planner reports to the Vice President of Convention, Education & Training.
- Candidate should have experience with meeting planning for smaller meetings.
- Candidate should have exemplary people skills with an ability to work well under deadline pressures.
- Candidate must have above average writings skills and abilities to communicate well by phone and in person with various speakers and meeting vendors as well as other staff.
- Candidate must be able to manage expenses to within budgeted specifications.
- Up to date on current trends in the meetings industry.
- Innovative and resourceful; actively seeks opportunities to improve meetings and events.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3 to 5 years’ years professional meeting experience (nonprofit or association experience preferred).
- Expert computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to travel away from home, for several days at a time, ten to twelve times per year.
- Hold (or be eligible for) a valid U.S. Passport.
- CMP or other certification is preferred but not required.
- Foreign language skills in Spanish, Chinese, and/or Portuguese preferred but not required.
- Database management knowledge
Send letter of interest and resume to ISRI, Attn: Olga Zamora, VP of Human Resources, 1250 H Street, NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20005-5903. No phone calls, please.
RIOS Program Assistant
The Recycling Industry Operating Standard (RIOS) seeks a passionate, self-motivated professional to oversee the membership experience. This position will report to the executive director, and interact directly with the existing membership of the RIOS organization. This position will also manage the education and training programs that are offered to the RIOS membership. This position requires a strong attention to detail, ability multi-task and day-to-day flexibility. This position also requires the ability to consider several key issues, and make appropriate decisions about how to best seek solutions to problems.
This position is located in Cleveland, OH. The ideal candidate must demonstrate strong self-motivation and independence.
This position is predominately a remote position, allowing for structured work from home, so the ideal candidate will demonstrate strong self-motivation and independence.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
This position will need to perform duties necessary to the RIOS program, as assigned by program staff. Such duties will include:
- Manage and all aspects of the RIOS membership experience, including data and contact management, customer satisfaction, and renewal and retention, and be able to answer mid-level questions about the RIOS standard and management systems;
- Engage with ISRI’s accounting staff to ensure timely and accurate accounting of both payables and receivables. Manage and review all transactions to ensure accurate coding;
- Develop and execute the RIOS Webinar Program;
- Prepare for and participate in industry events, conferences, and training programs;
- Generate detailed membership reports for the board of directors and staff leadership;
- Work with ISRI staff to ensure that data, messaging, and member experiences are seamless;
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Demonstrates a strong passion and drive for meeting professional goals
- Possesses a strong attention to detail
- Works well within deadlines
- Proactively addresses potential issues and problems with supervisors and colleagues.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to improve the organization’s standing within the industry
- Maintains a strong customer driven focus
- Demonstrates strong self-motivation and independence
Qualifications and Education Requirements
The ideal candidate for this position meets has the following educational and professional background;
Bachelors Degree or 5 years of relevant program assistance experience