As part of the new Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, EPA is hosting on June 30th from 12:00-1:30 pm EDT a virtual feedback session on end-of-life battery collection for recycling and labeling.
EPA is seeking feedback on these topics:
- Battery types to be included in the best practices for collection (e.g., small consumer batteries, electric vehicle and grid storage batteries, industrial batteries, etc.);
- Current barriers to safe and effective battery collection and recycling;
- Existing practices for battery collection and recycling, especially to increase the safe recovery of critical minerals;
- Effective communication and outreach activities for reaching key battery stakeholders; and
- Existing labeling programs that could inform a new labeling program.
EPA needs to hear from recyclers of battery-containing products on these topics.
You can register for the June 30 virtual feedback session at https://www.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_izu6yTpXTYG2Pjr6mystag.
EPA is also taking written feedback through July 11, 2022 via a Request for Information on “Development of Best Practices for Collection of Batteries to Be Recycled and Voluntary Battery Labeling Guidelines” (please see the Federal Register notice).