Attention ISRI Tire & Rubber Division Members…ISRI is now accepting entries for the 2019 Design for Recycling® (DFR) Award.
The DFR Award is ISRI’s highest award given annually to the most outstanding contribution to products designed with recycling in mind. It recognizes proactive steps made by manufacturers who have actively incorporated DFR principles into products and processes. Consider nominating a manufacturer who uses recycled rubber and tires for this prestigious industry award.
To be eligible for ISRI’s Design for Recycling Award®
, a product must be designed/redesigned and manufactured to
- Contain the maximum amount of materials that are recyclable.
- Be easily recycled through current or newly designed recycling processes and procedures.
- Be cost effective to recycle whereby the cost to recycle does not exceed the value of its recycled materials.
- Be free of hazardous materials that are not recyclable or impede the recycling process.
- Minimize the time and cost involved to recycle the product.
- Reduce the use of raw materials by including recycled materials and/or components.
- Have a net gain in the overall recyclability of the product while reducing the overall negative impact on the environment.
Interested parties can enter online before the February 1, 2019 deadline. Applicants will be notified by March 4, 201. The winner will be officially recognized at the ISRI 2019 Convention and Exposition to be held April 8-11 in Las Angeles.
For more information, contact David Wagger.
Tires & Rubber Beat Main