ISRI’s Paper Stock Industries (PSI) Chapter selected eight college-bound students as winners in its annual academic scholarship program. Each student will receive $2,000 to apply toward tuition at any regionally accredited two-year or four-year post-secondary school for the 2018-2019 academic year.
This year’s scholarship winners, along with their sponsoring ISRI/PSI Chapter member company and the school they will be attending, are as follows:
- Megan Jacques, Pioneer Paper Stock (Minneapolis); University of St. Thomas (St. Paul, Minn.)
- Allison Johnson, Texas Recycling (Dallas); University of Texas at Dallas (Richardson,Texas)
- Paige Langlois, Casella Waste Systems (Williston, Vt.); University of Vermont (Burlington, Vt.)
- Kaitlyn Nugent, WestRock (Creve Coeur, Mo.); Ferris State University (Big Rapids, Mich.)
- Emma Reed, WestRock (Solvay N.Y.); SUNY Geneseo (Geneseo, N.Y.)
- Gabrielle Sanchez, Caraustar (Green Bay, Wis.); University of Wisconsin--Stevens Point (Stevens Point, Wis.)
- Zachary Snider, CellMark (Norwalk, Conn.); Brandeis University (Waltham, Mass.)
- Tracy Westra, Resource Management Companies (Chicago Ridge, Ill.); Hope College (Holland, Mich.)
Students must meet rigorous criteria to apply for a PSI Chapter scholarship, and they must be dependents of an individual who has been employed for at least one year by a company that is a current active member of ISRI and the PSI Chapter. The employee must work in the recycling division of the member company, and the applicant cannot be a dependent of a company officer or principal.
The PSI Chapter supports its academic scholarships through raffles, donations, and an annual fundraising bowling tournament in conjunction with the Paper & Plastics Recycling Conference North America, which the chapter co-sponsors. This year, the PSI Chapter bowling tournament is scheduled for Oct. 17, 8 to 11 p.m., at Lucky Strike-Chicago.
For more information on the PSI Chapter scholarship program and this year’s winners, contact Nini Krever
at (561) 459-8008.
Leadership Update Main