ISRI’s Operations Forum, which was held in Indianapolis, October 16 & 17 emphasized the maintenance and operation of shredders of all types.
Of note and particular interest to tire recyclers was a dedicated track that focused on the maintenance of shredders typically found in a tire processing facility. The program was geared to mechanics, operators and support personnel that are charged with keeping equipment operational and well maintained. Among the topics discussed were:
- Routine maintenance of single and dual shaft shredders;
- Major maintenance of single and dual shaft shredders;
- Maintaining drives and controls on single and dual shaft shredders;
- Benchmarking performance by examining infeed and discharge systems; and
- Utilizing power while minimizing costs.
At the conclusion of the Operations Forum, attendees had a complete understanding of how to develop a maintenance schedule and understand the elements required of major and routine maintenance of shredding equipment. Through several courses, the program gave a complete 360 degree view of the shredder and how to keep it operational and at peak efficiency.
If you are interested in finding out about training opportunities being planned in 2018 please contact Jonathan Levy
or look for updates in this publication, ISRI’s Leadership Update,
and ISRI’s website