Along with the Fall ISRI Safety & Environmental Council (ISEC) Conference being held October 24- 26, 2017, at the Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Jacksonville Riverfront in Jacksonville, Florida there will be a “Hazard Recognition in Recycling Training Class provided at the same hotel on October 27.
This class is free and is relevant to recyclers across all commodities who would like employees to learn more about hazard recognition and mitigation in the operations environment. This includes:
- How to recognize the hazards of and safely work around mobile equipment and other hazards;
- An understanding of the importance of the control of hazardous energy (LOTO);
- Good housekeeping practices;
- How to recognize fire hazards;
- Hazard communication in the workplace; and
- How to do a PPE hazard assessment and the importance of proper PPE.
Those attending the class will also learn what a hazard assessment is and through group work how to build a PPE job hazard assessment. The class lasts 7.5 hours and is free. Register online or contact Elly Torabian.
There will be another “Hazard Recognition Class” on October 30, hosted by the Technology Conservation Group at their facility at 705 S Easy St., Lecanto, Florida. This class is also free to all. You may register for this class online, or contact Elly Torabian.