ISRI is seeking your help with providing input on current technical and economic recycling challenges in connection with The REMADE Institute.
ISRI has been involved in REMADE (Reducing Embodied-Energy and Decreasing Emissions in Materials Manufacturing) and its development for nearly four years. ISRI is currently a REMADE Affiliate Member.
REMADE is focused on driving down the cost of technologies essential to reuse, recycle, and remanufacture materials such as metals, fibers, polymers and used electronics and has the following five-year goals:
• 5 to 10 percent improvement in manufacturing material efficiency
• 50 percent increase in remanufacturing applications
• 30 percent increase in efficiency of remanufacturing operations
• 30 percent increase in recycling efficiencies
• A targeted 50 percent increase in sales for the U.S. manufacturing industry to $21.5 billion and the creation of a next-generation recycling and manufacturing workforce.
Earlier this year, the Department of Energy (DOE) selected the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) to lead REMADE. This week, REMADE is holding is Technology Roadmap Workshop near RIT.
As part of this technology roadmapping, REMADE is requesting industry feedback regarding the technical and economic barriers that the industry faces every day. To this end, REMADE prepared the following four separate anonymous surveys:
Your company does not need to be a member of REMADE for you to participate in these surveys. While “Improving Recycling and Recovery” is the most-relevant survey, you may participate in the other surveys if you have input in those areas.
When you click on a survey, you’ll notice that it is very easy to navigate, and your participation involves just a few simple steps.
- Respond – Answer two questions to identify and describe the biggest barrier you face.
- Rate – Review a minimum of five responses from other participants and rate the extent to which your company faces the same.
- Explore – Continue to review and rate comments from other participants.
Once you have finished the survey – which takes just a few minutes to complete – you will be sent a unique link. You will have the option to come back to the survey and continue to provide feedback. You will also have a chance to see the challenges that other companies are facing and anonymously share your experiences with others.
Your input will be extremely helpful and important for REMADE’s technology roadmapping. The collected information will help shape the direction of REMADE’s five-year program. These surveys will be open through the end of September. ISRI appreciates your taking the time to provide input.
If you have any questions about these surveys or REMADE, please contact David Wagger, chief scientist/director of environmental management, at (202) 662-8533.