Recycling Industry Returns to New Orleans for the Sector’s Largest, Most Valuable Gathering in the World
The Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries to host Annual Convention & Exposition April 22-27
(Washington, DC) – The Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI), the Voice of the Recycling Industry™, will hold ISRI2017, the association’s annual convention and exposition April 22-27 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans. This annual event brings together thousands of scrap recycling professionals, industry experts, manufacturers, and consumers from all 50 states and more than 40 countries. There they will discuss the latest in the global scrap recycling business and evaluate the state-of-the-art equipment, products, and services used by the industry.
“More than 4,000 people from around the world are anticipated to attend ISRI2017 in New Orleans. It is expected to be the largest ISRI Convention and Exposition since 2014, and the largest we ever held in New Orleans,” said Robin Wiener, president of ISRI. “With the industry adapting to an evolving recycling stream, the introduction of new technology, and the potential for market growth, this year’s convention promises to be one of the most dynamic. Every commodity, including metals, electronics, paper, plastics, and tire and rubber will be covered in-depth with opportunities for attendees to network, build business connections around the world, and take home knowledge to improve their business.”
New Orleans hosted the ISRI Convention and Exposition in past years, including 1990, 2005, and 2007. Highlights this year include:
- Opera singer, TV host, executive producer, narrator, and philanthropist Mike Rowe headlining the Closing General Session on Thursday, April 27;
- An exhibit hall with around 300 exhibitors and suppliers offering the latest technology and services;
- A dedicated Plastics Business and Operations Summit, and Paper Stock Industries Paper Summit SPECtacular;
- Expert speakers on commodities markets, international trade, safety, business operations and management, technology, industry trends, and more;
- Presentation of the Design for Recycling Award to EcoStrate;
- Lifetime Achievement Awards to industry greats Dr. Herschel Cutler and Crawford Carpenter;
- Workshops on the hottest trends in the industry including the changing recycling stream, MRF operations, and more;
- A celebration of ISRI’s 30th Anniversary;
- And much, much more.
The full schedule for the 2017 ISRI Convention & Expo, is available at www.isriconvention.org.
Members of the working media should contact Rachel Bookman for information on how to obtain press credentials.
The Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, Inc. (ISRI) is the Voice of the Recycling Industry. ISRI represents approximately 1,300 companies in 21 chapters in the U.S. and 34 countries worldwide that process, broker and consume scrap commodities, including metals, paper, plastics, glass, rubber, electronics, and textiles. With headquarters in Washington, DC, ISRI provides education, advocacy, safety and compliance training, and promotes public awareness of the vital role recycling plays in the U.S. economy, global trade, the environment, and sustainable development. Generating more than $105 billion annually in U.S. economic activity, the scrap recycling industry provides nearly half a million Americans with good jobs.