ISRI developed this 2-hour course on machine guarding in scrap recycling to address the important topic. Attendees of this course will gain a better understanding of the following:
- Types of guarding for machinery;
- Machinery hazards in the workplace;
- Reasons for guarding machinery;
- Ways to control hazardous energy;
- How to determine the proper PPE; and
- Understanding safe work practices
Workers receiving this training will benefit by obtaining a greater awareness of machine guarding and the process of controlling hazardous energy, also known as lock out, tag out, try out. These two important aspects of your safety program must not be overlooked. Feel free to download these materials and share them with others. The goal here is to raise safety awareness at all levels of the business.
If you have any questions or would like more information about these training materials please contact ISRI Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org.