Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, Inc. (ISRI) is seeking to fill the positions listed below. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of the organization will be considered applicants and will receive responses from ISRI. Thank you for your interest in ISRI.
Current Job Openings
Assistant to the General Counsel and the Vice President of Government Relations
The Assistant position to the General Counsel and the Vice President of Government Relations will be responsible for day to day administrative support for the Company’s General Counsel, Counsel, the Vice President of Government Relations, and the Government Relations Team. Qualified candidates should demonstrate a track record for enhancing the senior management’s effectiveness by providing time management and scheduling support, exercising good judgment and maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information, perform and summarized research, and operating independently within prescribed areas of responsibility. The Assistant must be creative and enjoy working in a small, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment that is mission and results driven. Candidates must possess strong administrative, organizational, written and verbal communication skills, the ability to successfully balance multiple, competing priorities with minimal supervision, and the ability to create effective reports and reproduce data in an effective and organized manner. Team Player mentality desired.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
• Coordinate/source information from Legal and Government Relations departments);
• Prepare reports, agendas and organize content for Legal and Government Relations Departments as needed;
• Assist with maintaining ISRI’s Policy Procedures and By-laws in current form;
• Plan, organize and coordinate meetings, appointments, and conference calls for Legal and Government Relations departments as needed;
• Assist in maintaining the Legal Department’s Outlook calendar (set up of meetings; conference calls, and draft e-mail correspondence in preparation thereof);
• Assist with maintaining records and files of Committee Correspondence as directed; • Maintain confidence and protect organizational operations by keeping departmental information in strict confidence;
• Develop and maintain filing systems for the company contracts, minutes, and confidential correspondence;
• Prepare/code/track external department invoices for payment;
• Obtain and Maintain a Notary Public Status during employment
• Assist in welcome guests/members on behalf of the departments as needed, greeting them, in person or via telephone; answering/directing inquiries within the department(s);
• Draft correspondence; letters and documents; and collect and analyze information on projects, as assigned from time-to-time;
• Complete special projects, perform research, and summarize results upon request;
• Occasional travel to ISRI’s Annual Convention and other out-of-town meetings required.
• Oversee and maintain the Superfund Recycling Equity Act (SREA) Program;
• Perform some paralegal type duties on occasion
• Detail oriented, highly organized and strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with others at all levels within in the organization.
• Ability to meet multiple deadlines and to prioritize work and organize own time.
• Demonstrated experience performing routine and complex tasks in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other web-based applications.
• Excellent typing, proofreading, grammar, spelling, and computer skills.
• Strong detail orientation with exceptionally strong follow-up and follow-through skills, with a focus on results.
• Proactive problem solver who demonstrates initiative and who respects and welcomes diverse perspectives.
• Strong understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• High level of professionalism
Send cover letter, resume to Assistant to the General Counsel and the Vice President of Government Relations, ISRI, 1250 L Street, NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20005; fax to 202/626-0905 or email to ISRIJOBS@isri.org
. No phone calls please. Only those to be interviewed will be contacted.